What is QA/QC:
QA/QC is the combination of quality assurance and quality control. Quality assurance is the process or set of processes used to measure and assure the quality of the product, while quality control is the process of ensuring products and services meet consumer expectations. QA activities and responsibilities cover virtually all the quality system in one fashion or another, while QC is a subset of the QA activities. QA aims to prevent defects with a focus on the process used to make the product, while QC involves verifying that the product or service conforms to specifications.
Why is QA/QC used:
- Deliver a high-quality output.
- Eliminate waste.
- Increase operational efficiency.
- Provide customer satisfaction.
- Ensure less rework and after-sale support.
- Encourage a high level of confidence and a motivated team.