Controlling tasks in confined spaces
Oculus Integrity Services standby personnel are highly trained to control tasks that are being carried out in confined spaces.
Our standby personnel offer a professional service which involves the following: –
- Understands the symptoms of exposure to hazards.
- Monitors testing equipment and environmental conditions for any changes that may require new control measures or evacuation and rescue.
- Keeps a list of exactly who has entered or left the space.
- Ensures unauthorised personnel do not enter the space by erecting barricades and signs.
- Looks out for the safety of personnel by being in constant communication with them.
- Looks out for any change in behaviour of the workers inside the confined space.
- Checks that emergency rescue equipment is available and in good working order and appropriate first aid equipment is available for immediate use.
- Checks that trained first aid personnel are available to make proper use of any necessary first aid equipment.