Oculus Integrity Services are seeking experienced Coatings Technicians to join our growing team due to ongoing local and national contract growth. The successful candidates will play pivotal roles in maintaining and protecting our clients critical infrastructure such as Tanks, Tank bunds, Valves, Pumps, Pipework, Heat exchangers and Compressors, by applying high-quality coatings and finishes. These roles are based through our Teesside office, however, require working UK-wide when there is a demand.
* Prepare surfaces for coating application to industry standards by mechanical means, including the use of hand tools and blast machinery.
* Apply appropriate coatings using spray, brush, and trowel techniques, ensuring adherence to technical specifications.
* Conduct inspections to verify coating integrity and quality, making necessary adjustments or repairs as needed.
* Work with client engineers and maintenance teams to determine the most effective coating solutions for each piece of equipment.
* Complete and oversee accurate recording of coating activities, materials used, application techniques, and inspection results.
* Adhere to all client and site safety procedures and ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others.
* Stay updated on industry best practices in coating technology.
Qualifications and Skills:
* ICATS/SSPC certification as an Applicator, with a specialisation in Blasting and Spray Painting.
* AMPP/NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) or ICORR (Institute of Corrosion) certification is desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a Coating Technician or similar role, preferably within the industrial sector.
* Knowledge of Belzona products, application techniques, and surface preparation methods.
* Familiarity with relevant industry standards, safety regulations, and best practices.
* Ability to interpret technical specifications and material safety data sheets.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work within defined deadlines.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills.
* Availability to work flexible hours and participate in occasional on-call duties.
At Oculus Integrity Services we believe in ongoing Professional Development Opportunities and investing in the growth and development of our team members. As a Coatings Technician, you will receive ongoing professional development opportunities in order to enhance your skills and advance your career.
We offer a competitive salary in line with industry practice, pension scheme, and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you meet the qualifications and have the skills that we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
At Oculus Integrity Services we support our clients by providing effective and quick coating repair solutions, in both a safe and efficient manner resulting in minimum downtime to equipment. We endeavour to work together with our clients to build a cleaner, greener and brighter future.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and we are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support.